Published in June 2016, HindSight 23 focused on Situational Awareness.
HindSight 23 Articles
- Keynote: by Frank Brenner.
- Out of sight, out of mind: Editorial by Tzvetomir Blajev.
- SA and Nathan Poloski's injustice: by Professor Sidney Dekker.
The View from Above
- The changing context of Situational Awareness: by Captain Ed Pooley.
- Case Study - The Blue Pram: by Bengt Collin.
- Comment 1: by Dragan Milanovski.
- Comment 2: by Shota Janashia.
- Comment 3: by Captain Wolfgang Starke.
From the Briefing Room
- Situational Awareness versus Time in Position: by Dr Michaela Schwarz and Fuat Rusitovic.
- How much are we aware of situations: by Florence-Marie Jegoux.
- Situation Awareness - another Naked Emperor: by Anne Isaac.
- Orange is the new black...enhanced airfield signage to improve situational awareness in the vicinity of aerodrome construction works: by Gael Le Bris, David Siewert and Robert Berlucchi.
- Improving situational awareness through better SOPs: by Captain Ed Pooley.
- Enhancing situational awareness and reducing pilot-caused runway incursions through optimised chart presentation of aerodrome Hot Spots: by Mike Edwards.
- What you see on a TCAS Traffic Display is not always what you will get: by Stanislaw Drozdowski and Captain Max Butter.
- Situational awareness - changes over a pilot career: from DC9 to A340: by Captain Johan Glantz.
- So what does it look like?: by Maciej Szczukowski.
- Detection of Potential Runway and Manoeuvring Area Conflicts or "how do you know who's on your runway?": by Richard "Sid" Lawrence.
- Are you aware of what catches your attention?: by Jean-Jacques Speyer.
- Does more information equal better situational awareness?: by Captain Wolfgang Starke.
- Situational Awareness: by Lt Col Bruno Beeckmans.
- Enhanced pilot situational awareness through the digital/graphical pre-flight briefing concept: by Renee Pylchen-Medwed and Eduard Porosnicu.
- Shared situational awareness between human and machine: by Dr David Thompson.
- Mitigating CFIT risk with innovative controller radar displays graphics which enhance situational awareness: by Dr A O Braseth.
- Alan's bad day at the office: by Mike Edwards.
Related SKYbrary Articles
Register to Receive Your Copy of HindSight Magazine
Register here for a hardcopy of HindSight magazine to be sent to you by post every time a new edition is published