Just Culture in Maritime
On this page you can find documentation regarding Just Culture in Maritime. From regulations to groups and practices - it's all here. Enjoy the reading!
Regulations are documents of legal nature which describe the way institutions, corporate entities, governments, and/or prosecution offices across the world approach the balance between safety and justice.
- DIRECTIVE 2009/18/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
- REGULATION (EC) No 1406/2002 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
- Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act
Policies are documents of non-legal nature which describes the way institutions, corporate entities, governments, and/or prosecution offices across the world approach the balance between safety and justice. Below examples refer to UK environment.
Below is a list of groups, societies and associations active in Maritime that show awareness of Just Culture.
- European Maritime Safety Agency - EMSA
Listed below you can find some maritime cases that could be approached from a Just Culture perspective.
- Cruel Sea
- Spain Prestige Oil Spill Disaster Case In Court
- Spanish Court Sentences Captain Of Sunken Prestige Oil Tanker To Prison
- Spain Seeks To Overturn Acquittals In Prestige Oil Tanker Spill Disaster
- Captain Acquitted Of Central Charge 11 Years After Massive Oil Spill
- Should Pilots And Captains Be Prosecuted For Plane Crashes And Shipwrecks?
- His Ship Still Aground, Captain Goes on Trial
- Costa Concordia Captain's Appeal Rejected
- Costa Concordia Captain Francesco Schettino Guilty Of Manslaughter
- Costa Concordia: Cruise Captain Francesco Schettino Blames Others For Shipwreck As Appeal Begins
- Over Red, The Failure Of U.S. Navy Leadership
- How the X-Pearl Disaster Could Have Been Avoided
- Damning report emerges of the pilots onboard the Ever Given
The articles below provide guidance on Just Culture for the Maritime Industry.
- Improving Safety and Organisational Performance Through A Just Culture
- Maritime Safety Innovation Lab - Safety Culture
- Britannia P&I - Just Culture
- SAFEMODE: Towards a Safety Learning Culture for the Shipping Industry. A White Paper
- Presentation on Safety Learning Culture for the Shipping Industry
The article below highlights what EMSA is doing to implement Just Culture in the Maritime Industry.