Loss of Separation
From SKYbrary Wiki
Loss of separation between aircraft occurs whenever specified separation minima are breached. Minimum separation standards for airspace are specified by ATS authorities, based on ICAO standards.
Types of Loss of Separation
Loss of separation may be either in a vertical or a horizontal plane, or both. Loss of separation may ultimately result in a mid air collision. A Level Bust is one scenario where a loss of separation occurs, leading potentially to a mid air collision. Loss of separation from notified airspace is dealt with under Airspace Infringement. Loss of separation from the ground is dealt with under Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT). Loss of separation between aircraft on the ground is dealt with under Ground Operations and Runway Incursion.
Wake vortex, which may be a consequence of loss of separation between aircraft on the same track, is covered in the category: Wake Vortex Turbulence.
The full article can be read here.
Pages in category "Loss of Separation"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- ACAS Resolution and Traffic Advisories
- ACAS X
- ACAS: Guidance for Controllers
- Accident and Serious Incident Reports: LOS
- Airborne Collision Avoidance System (ACAS)
- Aircraft without Transponder – Mitigations
- ATC Clearance
- ATC Clearance Error
- ATC Team Coordination
- ATC Unit Coordination
- ATM Sector Management
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B)
- Automation and ATM
- China Reduced Vertical Separation Minima (RVSM)
- Civil-Military Interaction in ATM
- Classification of Airspace
- Closest Point of Approach (CPA)
- Collision Avoidance
- Conflict Detection with Adjacent Sectors
- Conflict Detection with Adjacent Sectors – Prevention Barriers
- Conflicts with Adjacent Sectors – Typical Causes and Contributors
- Controller Blind Spot (SKYclip)
- See and Avoid
- Separation Standards
- Simultaneous Approaches to Parallel Runways
- Simultaneous Close Parallel PRM Approach
- Simultaneous Offset Instrument Approach (SOIA)
- State Aircraft and Formation Flights - Separation Minima
- Strategic Lateral Offset
- Structured Scan for Mitigating the Blind Spot Effect