If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
|Position||(Front) Wing leading mounted|
|Landing gear||Tricycle retractable|
Twin turboprop regional airliner. In service since 1985. Stretched and pressurized regional airliner development of the military EMB-121 Xingu. Exists in some versions:
- EMB-120RT with reduced take-off weight,
- EMB-120ER with extended range and many cargo versions.
- VC-97 Brazil Air Force version for VIP transport and surveillance operation.
- EMB-120ER: Length 20,07 m MTOW 11990kg26,433.425 lbs <br />11.99 tonnes <br />.
|Wing span||19.77 m64.862 ft <br />|
|Length||19.63 m64.403 ft <br />|
|Height||6.05 m19.849 ft <br />|
|Powerplant||2 x 1.800 SHP PWC PW 118 turboprops with 4 blade propellers.|
|Engine model||Pratt & Whitney Canada PW100|
(to 5000 ft)
|MACH Climb||Cruise||Initial Descent
|V2 (IAS)||120 kts||IAS||150 kts||IAS||220 kts||IAS||220 kts||MACH||TAS||290 kts||MACH||IAS||290 kts||IAS||kts||Vapp (IAS)||120 kts|
|Distance||1400 m||ROC||2900 ft/min||ROC||1000 ft/min||ROC||800 ft/min||ROC||ft/min||MACH||0.45||ROD||ft/min||ROD||1500 ft/min||MCS||170 kts||Distance||1400 m|
|MTOW||90729,072 kg <br />9.072 tonnes <br /> kg||Ceiling||FL335||ROD||ft/min||APC||B|
|WTC||M||Range||14001,400 nm <br />2,592,800 m <br />2,592.8 km <br />8,506,561.686 ft <br /> NM|
Accidents & Serious Incidents involving E120
- E120, Amsterdam Netherlands, 2016 (On 18 January 2016, an Embraer 120 crew made a night takeoff from Amsterdam Runway 24 unaware that the aircraft was aligned with the right side runway edge lights. After completion of an uneventful flight, holes in the right side fuselage and damage to the right side propeller blades, the latter including wire embedded in a blade leading edge, were found. The Investigation concluded that poor visual cues guiding aircraft onto the runway at the intersection concerned were conducive to pilot error and noted that despite ATS awareness of intersection takeoff risks, no corresponding risk mitigation had been undertaken.)
- E170/E120, San Francisco CA, USA 2007 (On 26 May 2007, a Republic Airlines Embraer 170 taking off from runway 01L at San Francisco nearly collided with an aircraft which had just landed on intersecting runway 28R and come to a stop at the intersection. Both aircraft were operating in accordance with instructions to take off and land respectively issued by the same TWR controller. After an AMASS conflict alert issued 15 seconds in advance of the subsequent conflict, the controller involved instructed the aircraft on landing roll to ‘hold’,)