If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
EVAC: Evacuation - Occurrence where either:
- (a) person(s) are injured during an evacuation;
- (b) an unnecessary evacuation was performed;
- (c) evacuation equipment failed to perform as required; or
- (d) the evacuation contributed to the severity of the occurrence.
- Includes cases where an injury(ies) was(were) sustained during the evacuation through an emergency exit or main cabin door.
- Includes cases where the evacuation itself is the accident (in essence, had there not been an evacuation there would not have been an accident).
- An unnecessary evacuation is one that was either erroneously commanded by the crew or uncommanded.
- Only used for passenger carrying operations involving transport category aircraft.
- Includes evacuation following a ditching or survivable crash landing in water provided one of the conditions above are met.