From SKYbrary Wiki
Published in July 2014, HindSight 19 focused on Runway Safety.
HindSight 19 Articles
- Keynote: by Frank Brenner.
- If you are healthy, do you stop taking care of your health?: Editorial by Tzvetomir Blajev.
- The construction of runway safety: by Professor Sidney Dekker.
The View from Above
- Hazardous runway overruns and their precursors: by Captain Ed Pooley.
Front Line Report
- Runway safety - concerto for ATCO and orchestra: by Maciej Szczukowski.
- Case Study - A Day in the Life: by Bengt Collin.
From the Briefing Room
- “Your safety is our mission” – How Europe is enabling airport operators to tackle runway safety with a harmonised approach: by Sarah Poralla..
- Tearing down barriers – building up relationships: by Jim Krieger..
- Brussels Airport continuously improves its runway safety concept: by Jan Loncke and Davy Van Hyfte.
- Runway safety at Amsterdam Schiphol: by Job Bruggen and Jan Smeitink..
- Runway safety - automation versus knowledge: by Captain Dirk De Winter.
- Aerodrome layout and the potential for modifications to improve runway safety: by Captain Andre Skandsen.
- The runway collision risk: how do we know?: by Captain Bertrand de Courville.
- To land or not to land – causal and contributory factors in landing without clearance events: by Alfonso Barba.
- Mind the gap...keeping aircraft operations safe during runway construction works: by Gaël Le Bris.
- Sustaining an effective runway safety team: by Iain White.
- Adherence makes the difference: by Captain Wolfgang Starke.