If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
RAMP: Ground Handing - Occurrences during (or as a result of) ground handling operations.
- Includes collisions that occur while servicing, boarding, loading, and deplaning the aircraft also during boarding and disembarking while helicopter is hovering.
- Includes injuries to people from propeller/main rotor/tail rotor/fan blade strikes.
- Includes pushback/powerback/towing events.
- Includes Jet Blast and Prop/rotor down wash ground handling occurrences.
- Includes aircraft external preflight configuration errors (examples: improper loading and improperly secured doors and latches) that lead to subsequent events.
- Includes all parking areas (ramp, gate, tiedowns).
- Except for powerback events, which are coded here, if a collision occurs while the aircraft is moving under its own power in the gate, ramp, or tiedown area, code it as a ground collision (GCOL).
- Includes operations at aerodromes, heliports, helidecks, and unprepared operating sites.
- If external loads involved, also code as EXTL.