If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Regulation 1028/2014 - Requirements for the Performance and the Interoperability of Surveillance for the SES
From SKYbrary Wiki
|Category:||Single European Sky|
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1028/2014 of 26 September 2014 amending Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1207/2011 laying down requirements for the performance and the interoperability of surveillance for the single European sky - text published in the Official Journal of the European Union
Regulation (EU) No 1207/2011 is amended, so as to provide the operators concerned with sufficient additional time to meet its requirements regarding the implementation of ADS-B 'Out' and Mode S Enhanced Surveillance (EHS) capability on board of aircraft. A number of factors lead to the decision to postpone the requirements' implementation date, namely:
- In order to be able to equip new aircraft with new capabilities operators must have the necessary specifications at least 24 months before the application date. The latter were adopted in December 2013 making it impossible for operators to comply by 8 January 2015.
- Delays in certification and in equipment availability, as well as industrial capacity constraints, affect the smooth retrofitting of existing fleet.
- State aircraft operators should benefit from similar postponements in implementation dates as other operators of aircraft.
The new applicability dates for compliance with the requirements for ADS-B 'Out' and Mode S Enhanced Surveillance (EHS) capability of aircraft with MTOW exceeding 5700 kg or having a maximum cruising true airspeed capability greater than 250 knots are:
- 8th June 2016 for “new” aircraft (originally 8th January 2015);
- 7th June 2020 for retrofit (originally 7th December 2017);
- 7th June 2020 for State aircraft (originally 1st January 2019).
Entry Into Force
This Regulation entered into force in October 2014.
- Regulation 1207/2011 - Requirements for the performance and the interoperability of surveillance for the SES
- Regulation 552/2004 - Interoperability of the European ATM Network
- Single European Sky (SES) II
- EUR-Lex Portal: Regulation 1028/2014 (available in different languages and file formats)
- Air Transport Portal of the European Commission - Single European Sky