From SKYbrary Wiki
ALLCLEAR? The path to clear communications
Air Ground Communication breakdown has been a causal factor in a number of serious accidents; and is a significant factor in many near-misses. The statistics speak for themselves ...
- There are two Runway Incursions reported everyday somewhere in Europe.
Communication problems are the most common cause of Runway Incursions.
- There are an estimated 10 Level Busts per day in Europe. 1 in 10 Level Busts results in a loss of separation <1nm.
Communication problems are the most common cause of Level Busts.
The AGC initiative has the support of many industry associations and organisations:
- IFATCA - International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers' Associations
- FSF - Flight Safety Foundation
- ECA - European Cockpit Association
- ERA - European Regions Airline Association
- IATA - International Air Transport Association