Regulation 2019/1070 amending Regulation No 29/2009 on data link services for the SES
From SKYbrary Wiki
Revision as of 13:20, 11 July 2019 by Integration.Manager
|Category:||Single European Sky|
COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2019/1170 of 8 July 2019 amending and correcting Regulation (EC) No 29/2009 laying down requirements on data link services for the single European sky - text published in the Official Journal of the European Union
To amend the criteria for data link equipment exemptions and update references to ICAO and other documents.
The criteria for datalink equipment exemptions are extended by including two more cases:
- aircraft with an individual certificate of airworthiness first issued before 1 January 1995;
- aircraft which have a certified maximum seating capacity of 19 passengers or less and a maximum certified takeoff mass of 45 359 Kg (100 000 lbs) or less and with a first individual certificate of airworthiness issued before 5 February 2020.
The four existing criteria (as defined in Regulation 2015/310) remain in force:
- aircraft which have an individual certificate of airworthiness first issued before 31 December 2003 and which will cease operation in the airspace referred to in paragraph 3 of Article 1 before 31 December 2022;
- aircraft with an individual certificate of airworthiness first issued before 1 January 2018 and fitted prior to this date with data link equipment compliant with the requirements of one of the referenced Eurocae documents;
- State aircraft;
- aircraft flying in the airspace referred to in paragraph 3 of Article 1 (EU airspace) for testing, delivery or for maintenance purposes or with data link constituents temporarily inoperative under conditions specified in the applicable minimum equipment list.
Annex III of Regulation 29/2009 is replaced by the text in the Annex to this Regulation. The annex contains references to documents, mostly to provisions in ICAO Annex 10 but also to ICAO Annex 11, ICAO Annex 6 and several EUROCAE documents.
Entry into Force
The Regulation entered into force in July 2019.
- EUR-Lex Portal: Regulation 2019/1170 (available in different languages and file formats)
- Air Transport Portal of the European Commission - Single European Sky