If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Difference between revisions of "Editor1"
From SKYbrary Wiki
m (Timo.Kouwenhoven moved page User:Editor1 to User:Editor1: Automatically moved page while renaming the user "John.Barrass" to "Editor1")
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
<script type="IN/MemberProfile" data-id="
<script type="IN/MemberProfile" data-id=".linkedin.com//john-barrass/10/341/212" data-format="inline" data-related="false"></script> </head>
Latest revision as of 11:23, 9 November 2015
Journal and magazine articles by this author:
- "Breaking the Rules" - article in HindSight 5, June 2007. This articles considers how breaking the rules may sometimes be the safest option for a pilot or controller facing a situation that the rules were not designed for.
- "Cumulonimbus - more frightening than Bengt's Mother-in-law" - article in HindSight 7, June 2008. The article considers the hazards associated with thunderstorms.
- "The Consequences of Commercial Pressure Can Be Fatal" - article in HindSight 8, January 2009. The article discusses wilful breaking of rules under commercial pressure and how unofficial procedures may start safe but can lead to a total disregard of safety over time.
- "The airline passenger - a partner in the safety management system or an obstacle to it?" - article in HindSight 9, July 2009. This article, written in conjunction with Professor Robert Bor, looks at passenger behaviour and attitude to safety.
- "17 Minutes" - article in HindSight 15, May 2012. The article highlights the importance of immediate landing if a fire occurs in the air.